Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Look out, literary world!

Alex wrote a book. It’s called Speeding Turtles. It’s adorable and I’m very proud. Why? Because I used to fancy myself a writer? Maybe. But maybe more because he is so proud of it. He had me read it to him as one of his bedtime stories the other night. He credits Steven with helping a little bit, meaning Steven was the ghostspeller. And that would explain the choppiness of these sentences from a child who hasn’t stopped talking since birth. Without a doubt, it went like this:

“Daddy, how do you spell ‘This turtle runs faster than any other turtle in the world, and nobody can catch him, even other animals that are actually supposed to be fast’?”

“R-U-N-S F-A-S-T.”

Close enough.

3 comments:

  1. I have been guilty of refusing to spell words/sentences for Elizbeth because they are too dang long! I like the choppiness, it gets right to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it would be nice if I spelled my daughter's name correctly. Geez.

    ReplyDelete