Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dazzled



That, friends, is my baby girl.

I KNOW, I can't believe it either! I didn't realize how much I was expecting to hear "It's a boy" until I heard, well, not exactly "It's a girl" because when the tech said "See those three white lines?" I gasped and burst into tears. Well, maybe that's overstated. There was definitely a gasp, and there was some mistiness that took me by surprise because, while I'm known to be an easy crier, it's rare for me to produce those elusive and helpless happy tears.

I'm going to have a daughter. Steven's going to have a little princess (and he might need a few pointers from men who were terrified of baby girls until they had one of their own, so if you know anyone...). Alex is going to have a baby sister. He was excited when I told him. He jumped up and down and reiterated his desire to teach her how to walk and run, "but only inside, at least until we get her some clothes to play outside in." And while I'm still in a state of semi-shock and pseudo-disbelief and breath-holding awe, Alex has moved on to more pressing matters. Right now he's drawing pictures of robots and taping them around the house as decorations for some convoluted surprise party for Steven. When we dropped by my parents' house to show them the DVD of the ultrasound, I told Alex to share the big news. Wide-eyed and earnest, he told them: "We got a new TV!"

Life is amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the new TV (hehehe!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I can't even imagine how excited you are right now. And I love that Alex's big news was that you had a new TV. Precious. I love little boys but I hope one day (sooner rather than later) I will get to hear "it's a girl", too! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! She has grown so much since the gummy bear picture. I'm cracking up that Alex's big news was the new t.v. That is priceless!

    ReplyDelete