Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Party of One

It's 2:43 a.m. Do you know where your preggo is? Well this one is sitting on her couch, wearing lopsided glasses, nursing a mild headache and a mild craving for something that she can't pinpoint, and writing to tell you about it. Oh, also, there seems to be a rave going on in my uterus, thumping baseline and strobe lights and all. Can one sing a fetus to sleep? Should I go collapse in the glider and rock myself? Allow me to whine: Insomnia suuuuuuuuucks!

Jack seemed to take it as a personal affront when I came out of the bedroom and flopped down next to what has become his sleeping chair. He raised his big dopey head, gave me a withering look, and heaved a big sigh before hopping down and sauntering off to points unknown. Well he's in for a treat when baby comes and makes this a nightly, and much louder, event! Unsympathetic beast.

OK, as spelling is proving much harder than it ought to be for a professional speller, and I've finally figured out what that mild craving is (chocolate milk), I'll be on my way. If I go to sleep in the next five minutes I'll have two good hours before it's time to get up. Whee!

P.S. Look at my pregnancy ticker. Baby moved up a square! She's now in that creepy bent-up position I've been waiting for. Two more squares till go time.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until she is here. I'm trying to figure out a way to come visit (sans all three chilren) to see my niece when she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, please do figure out a way! You alone or any combo of your crew would be a happy addition to our birth party. :-)

    ReplyDelete